Aqualisa easy fit fixing bracket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I just got a new shower and it came with the easy fit bracket

http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/Aqualisa/...it-fixing-bracket-Web-inst-guide.pdf?ext=.pdf

My issue is that I am planning on mounting it horizontally - but when i place the bracket in position on my my stud - the distance 'vertically' from the center the threaded pipe to the bracket top is almost exactly half of 3/4" which means that for me to drill a hole with clearance there is no room as it would hit the stud.

How do you guys normally handle this - pack out the center of the bracket to lower it or am i being stupid ?

Unable to take a real image so this knock-up of the situation should hopefully clarify my question/problem.

On a side note - is it best to measure the distance the threaded pipe should stick out from the finished wall or is it best to just over estimate and cut off any excess pipe as its just plastic?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

showerbracket.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The bracket is the one shown in the pdf link i attached - am not sure of the exact model no. of it as its just a bracket and i presume its generic across the entire range of Aqualisa products. Its just a simple piece of plastic with push-fit 15mm inputs to 3/4" plastic threads for a shower to attach to. It came with an Aqualisa Midas 100 bar shower

Bin it and buy this instead. You only need to put two 15mm pipes through the wall at the correct height and centres with the kit in the link. Everything else is then fitted after you've finished tiling

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
@muggles - am glad you suggested that. Id already considered dumping it.

My biggest issue is having to make it protrude the correct depth from the wall at fixing height which implies that you know the final tile depth. (In my house the other half has a tendency to change her mind).

For others considering the fixings you suggested here is a great video detailing the install

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back