Aqualisa Pressure Problem

MAW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I turn on the shower or bath, initially the pump runs (quite loudly) and only a trickle comes out. I have to alternate turning on the bath and shower before I get a reasonable flow. Then once it is running, if the water is at maximum temperature on the mixer it flows smoothly, but as soon as I decrease the temperature, the flow starts to pulsate. Do you think this is an issue with the pump or the system? Any advice pm what to do please?

Sponsored Links
Check the ballvalve on the CWST to see that it's filling correctly.

Sponsored Links
It’s an Aqualisa digital shower, gravity system. I tried the air lock thing but it doesn’t work as coldest setting is just a very slight warm trickle.

When I turn the shower on the pump runs but no water comes out unless I put it to maximum hot temperature. Once it hits maximum hot temperature I get a strong flow and then i can adjust the temperature to suit. Is this an issue with the thermostatic cartridge?

I spoke with Aqualisa but all they advised was almost £800 for a repair or £1200 for a replacement. Didn’t seem to bothered about actually discussing what the issue may be :(

Have you got access to any of the plumbing from the cold tank to the shower? You need to split it somewhere and make sure you're getting water, pipe could be choked.

I’m waiting for a plumber to have a look soon. Once I get full flow at max hot temperature, I can then adjust it down to a reasonable temperature so there must be some cold water flow (albeit the flow then pulsates)?

Does sound like it. My guess is you've maybe got a small leak on the suction side (between your tank and the pump), when the pump draws the cold through it's sooking air as well

• Thanks
Reactions: MAW
Thanks for the advice. Would the leak be more likely to be up in the loft or under the bath by the pump? I’ve not checked either as the bath panel is cumbersome to remove and the loft is largely filled with insulation. Apologies if it’s a stupid question!

Could be anywhere bud, likely to be at a fitting somewhere though so either down near the pump or up at a Tee or whatever. Unless you've hung any picture frames in the area recently :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: MAW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back