Aqualisa quartz 8.5 very cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I adjust the temperature too the highest it is luke warm bearable but pressure is low, the cold weather has made it worse obviously because the tank is alot colder. The house is about a year old now bought as first occupants and the builder had fitted the shower.
Any help would be greatly appreciated[/b]

Sponsored Links
Quartz is an electric shower, it works by heating the mains water. The mains water will be colder than normal at the moment meaning your shower (which is not very powerful at the best of times) will struggle to heat the water as high as required. It will compensate by slowing the flow of water through its heater to increase the time it has to heat the water, this gives you your slowed flow rate and warm water.

Nothing you can do short of swap it for a 10.5kw shower but it will still have the same (if not as bad) problems

Excellent post above - but if you do opt for a beefier shower, you'll need to check that the supply cable is heavy enough.
I saw a 10.5 Kw shower fed by 6mm cable today - almost at meltdown :eek:
John :)

Thanks for the advice I understand the thinking frustrating all the same lol. My parents have a mira cant remember what model but its cold water feed only from the attic which is always alot warmer with similar power, any suggestions for a good 10.5kw shower

Sponsored Links
Aqulisa quartz 10.5 it will go straight onto the area where yours is now and onto existing pipework and if your cable is up to it straight onto that. Evenm the same srew holes!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back