Aqualisa Quartz Digital

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an aqualisa quartz digital concealed shower, with 2 shower heads. One riser and one ceiling mounted.
The riser works but the ceiling mounted one doesn't.

I read online that it could be the water inlet filter to the ceiling head and to check that.

The pump/ etc has two black boxes one where the hot and cold gets mixed and then another where the water splits to teo showers. All have black valves connecting to the boxes. Where are ther filters that i need to check?
Inside one of the black valve that goes into the second box,?
Can anyone provide any tips on how to do this?

Sponsored Links
Turn the power off and take the cover off the diverter box. There's a switch in there which selects which head has priority, labelled 1 & 2 from memory. Switch it across, restore power and test the shower. If the fixed head now works but the handset doesn't, it's a controller or diverter issue.

Thank you @muggles . Ive tried that, and it's the same
I.e. good power to the riser, and the ceiling shower head is simply a trickle

I didn't state clearly in my previous post that water does come out of the ceiling head but it is very weak. Nothing like it was when it was installed hence why i think it's something blocking the filter but i don't know where to check

Remove the ceiling head (and any filters that are in line there) and then try the shower with no head attached. Does that improve?

Sponsored Links
@dilalio when i do that, the shower ceiling pipe seems to still be not the force that it used to be
Hence why it feels like it's a blockage on the actual divertor but doesnt really make sense as it makes no if i change the setting from riser to ceiling. So the box / pipes can't have a filter issue, unless something is blocking the pipewprk from divertor to shower head (but surely the filter should have prevented that)

OK. But that my just be your perception... Have you run the unit with the ceiling head off before then?
Depending on pipework/access/your abilities, you could change the pipework over as it comes out of the diverter, so that ceiling head is fed from the other outlet port of the diverter. Or you could remove the diverter and connect it direct to the main unit. You need to remove power at the spur for a few minutes when doing this to reset the electronics. This would help prove/disprove a fault within the diverter.
Other than that, it's a call to AquaLisa and likely an visit from one of their technicians. Is the unit under warranty?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back