Aqualisa Quartz in loft?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All....

I've refurbing the bathroom and fitting an Aqualisa Quartz pumped, but can't decide where to site it.

My options are running out and it looks like as a last resort I may have to site it in the loft, but I'm confused with the instructions from Aqualisa...

"If siting in the roof space, ensure that freezing cannot occur and
that no insulation material is placed under or over the processor."

ok... so how do I ensure it doesn't freeze, if I can't insulate it..??

:confused:

Sponsored Links
do what you can to insulate the loft from freezing.
have you had any issues with frozen pipes or tanks in the loft ?

but as said don't cover the unit as it will cause it to malfunction and overheat.
but still insulate the pipework.
i've never had an issue with one freezing yet.

Thanks Seco,

No, I've never (yet) had problems with frozen pipes or tanks in the loft, but they've all been well lagged.

Also, I put an extra few inches of insulation up in the loft earlier in the year, so it may actually get colder up there from now on.

Yes, I'd make sure that the pipes to the Quartz Unit were lagged, but isn't there still a chance the water in the unit could freeze.?? presumably thats what Aqualisa are warning about..?

thanks,

Daryll.

your lofts well insulated/pipes etc
the wind don't blow through the roof tiles etc
i wouldn't worry to much.
but just don't cover the unit it will cause overheat etc. ;)

Sponsored Links
Put a sheet of polysyrene on a stand so that there is cover over it but allow for air flow to keep the unit cooler when operating?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back