Aqualtis AQM8F49 Beeping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hoping somebody may be able to help us - our Hotpoint Aqualtis AQM8F49U/V has been beeping recently quite a lot with no pattern or error codes flashing.

Does anybody have a beep code chart so I can work out what the hell is wrong with it?

I think one of the patterns has been 12 - 3 - 5 or something similar to this?

No idea what the hell is wrong with it, and it's washing properly?

Help!

Cheers :)
Steve

Sponsored Links
Hi, I work for Hotpoint im not aware of any machines which beep to indicate faults, normally a sequence of flashing lights or error codes will appear..

If its washing ok and completing cycles then it stands the appliance has no fault altho your control panel may need replacing, but just check none of your buttons are stiff or stuck in..

Hi mate

Cheers for that, I thought that would be the case as I could not find anything on t'internet to indicate any kind of beeping for errors. It just has a fit every so often and beeps like mad.

If the machine isn't started, and left before you press start there is no beeping and the same after it completes cycle... I sort of would expect it to do something if one of the buttons was sticking? Some of the buttons are a bit stiff though.

Is it easy to clean behind the panel on this machine or is it a sod? And if it's failed do you have any idea how much a new panel would cost? Aside from the beeping all works fine... just don't want beeping to turn into not washing!

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
Firstly pull the plug out of the socket.... then open your door assy, on the rear of the door will be an access panel piece of plastic which is screwed with 5 or 6 small Torx screws, remove those, flick the plastic cover off and there is your control panel..

The whole lot is pushed and clipped into place with 4x plastic lever clips positioned just on the inside of each corner.. the hole unit should come out complete and you can clean the buttons and also the holes in the door panel..

Any problems let me know and ill try find some pictures..

Also if you open the door there should be a small white sticker with numbers on.. Post those numbers and I can give you the exact part number for the part you may require.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back