Aquarius WML760 clearing pump?

awm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an Aquarius WML760 washing machine and recently after a cycle there is a bad smell from the machine and on the clothes. I assume the pump needs cleaning but I can't work out where they are. There is a panel at the bottom but I can't get it off completely but when I get it off partly it reveals a red cap which looks as if it's supposed to come off.

I know the image isn't great but does anyone recognise this and how to use it? Am I doing the right thing?

Thanks

P.S. I just realised the image is upside down! I don't know why it does that, sorry.

Sponsored Links
That's not the pump. It's at the back , remove the lower rear white cover , it's a black cup and has a jubilee clip round it. The bad smell will come from the drum. Pull back the door seal and see the crud round it.

Oh okay...will I ever need to clean the pump though? If so, how do I access it when it's at the back of the machine.

You mean the filter. As explain in my prev post. The pump is at the end of the filter. The only time u touch that is if it gets jammed. The smell is coming from the drum. But you can clean the filter out as explained before.

Sponsored Links
Get some washing soda and put that in on a maximum temperature wash with no washing or just old towels. If you only ever do 40 degree washes you can get a build up of bacterial slime on hidden parts of the machine. A 90 degree wash will kill this bacteria and the washing soda helps remove the slime.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back