Aquaseal Aquashield Roof coating Roof painting Painting tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you have been directed to this thread, it means you have probably asked a question about having your roof jet washed and painted by a company. :rolleyes:

The only good thing about it, is that it looks nice (well, if you like a painted roof) ;)

Please do not have this work done, it is a quick fix. I've just spent this afternoon with a poor lady crying her eyes out because the paint is peeling off her roof after just 36 months, and the company (who I won't name) do not want to know. Her roof looks terrible.

This is not a message from DIYnot forum. Its a message from myself and other forum members. :)

You don't put magic coating on roofs, you fix them properly. Aquasealing your roof is like ****** tarmacing your drive....looks nice when you pay.

Save your money, A total waste of time...

And a message from the roofing section Godfather :cool:

Absolute pile of rubbish, rip off, blarney. Buy some new roof tiles and save yourself the embarrassment. You will be the ridicule of your neighbours.

Painting roofs is unnecessary, looks rubbish and does absolutely nothing to prolong the life of the tiles.

The sales pitch of these ***** rip-off merchants is plain fraud.

aquaseal is totally crap i can say this because i paid to get this done a few years ago lately it started flakeing off so with my 10 year gaurentee i
phoned customer services a number in kirkintilloch glasgow i was told that the original company had gone burst and myrie developments was
now the franchise operator after several calls after being told firstly that we cannot help and then maybe we can do something they refused to
get in touch always we will conntact you soon. seemingly this is quite comman with the 10 year gaurentee with companys going bust to start again in order not to honour it as for the product great if you want it done
and then sell up big mistake if you think it will enhance your home my advise keep away.

Sponsored Links
:!: Not to be confused with bitumen/mastic Aquaseal products that you buy in a tin. Which work perfectly fine *probably* :!:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back