Aquaseal roof coating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Father in law had them out to coat his roof (£2200) for end terraced and was very happy for the first year and a half but when his roof started to flake and peal he ccouldn't get any one from aquaseal to come back to fix it...seems like they have issues with their warranties with several franchises going into liquidation, be careful. Several houses around here have been done by Aquashield and they look like new, perhaps investigate them but sorry don't know their costs.

Sponsored Links
Tbh it`s a joke really. They are giving people a ten year gaurantee on roofs which have 20 to 30 yrs life in them as is. The water channels of tiles were never meant to be filled with paint...ask Redland or Marley.

If the people involved in this work knew anything about roofs they would be retiling the roof if it was perished or repairing as necessary. Still ..........people see one house done and think it "looks nice" so then follow suit. To me it looks naff and I can see a roof that`s been done in it from the Motorway :LOL: I`m in the area that the company mentioned are doing a lot of their work.

Alex

I got my roof done in the summer , and wished I had not bothered. 1st attempt they bust approx 9 tiles - left lots of debri in the guttering - numerous phone calls and grief - approx 1200 for a semi. In my opinion save your money go to your local builders merchant and buy some roof tile coating.
You have done better to invest in a new roof.

As with any trade there are good guys and bad guys. How many rogue roofers are out there selling new roofs when none is needed. roof coating like any 'product' will be abused by the fly by nights.
We have a few travelling 'roofers' :confused: offering PVCu dry verge caps here in Derby. nailed onto cement render or worse glued on with 'no nails'. But there are a few that actually do a proper job , well.

As for roof 'painting' if the job is done right, then the results are as the say. 10 years is a minimum lifespan. Lets face it brand new roof tiles start to deteriorate before they are even fitted.
Without offering all the ISO numbers (over 80 specifications make up the real thing), and taking comments like 'ask Marley' who of course are going to give new business away, (doh!) the final comment here is.
Choose by getting all of the facts and make an informed choice. If the average new tiled roof last 35-45 years (Marleys figures), will you be alive or still living in that house.......or better still, ask Marley if they would prefer you to buy Spanish roof tiles or theres. :?:

Sponsored Links
As for roof 'painting' if the job is done right, then the results are as the say. 10 years is a minimum lifespan. Lets face it brand new roof tiles start to deteriorate before they are even fitted.
Without offering all the ISO numbers (over 80 specifications make up the real thing), and taking comments like 'ask Marley' who of course are going to give new business away, (doh!) the final comment here is.
Choose by getting all of the facts and make an informed choice. If the average new tiled roof last 35-45 years (Marleys figures), will you be alive or still living in that house.......or better still, ask Marley if they would prefer you to buy Spanish roof tiles or theres. :?:

and what would you say to one of these companies if the offered to paint some staffordshire blue tiles?

Uuuugh, why wud ya?
Mind you, replacing like for like can be hard. But certain buildings do not lend themselves to single coloured tiles. Just like putting PVCu roof line products on a listed building...... would ya?

Beware of using a Company called Aquaseal - check companies house - they have gone bust on a number of occasions. We used a company called Aquashield who were very good

roof tile are not designed to be painted, you can have issues with condensation.

I must admit i have never seen one of these painted roofs any where in cumbria.I guess the cowboys havnt hit this area yet :evil: Coming to a town near you "soon" lol.As for gypoes fitting dry verge with spit fixings and no nails,well we do have that up here.I recently done an old dears felt roof and gave her a quote for dry verge.She ended up getting it done £200 cheaper by some guys that done next doors.Its obvious how its been done as the ridge has not been removed.I guess she will be on the phone some time next winter when it blows off and the gypoes wont return her calls .Off course the only soloution will be to remove it all and start again,£200 pound saving my arse.;) .

I have had Aquaseal applied to my roof at home and it's the worst thing I have ever done. Within 1 1/2 years moss was growing back on my roof. Following loads of e-mails, unanswered telephone calls, Aquaseal did eventually come out and re-apply. However, the moss is now worse than it ever and when we tried to use our 10 year guarantee we were told that it wasn't that company that applied it and our guarantee was useless. I know the name of the director of the first company and when Aquaseal vanished his father then started up another company called Aquashield. Be warned it's expensive and doesn't work. It looks nice to start with but quickly goes downhill. This is not just an issue with our house, ALL the houses that had it applied in Bishopton all have moss growing on them :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back