Aquastop inlet hose for dishwasher! Removal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher was installed with an aquastop inlet hose. It is a weird inlet hose which is dual layered so if the main hose leaks, the second layer prevents a leak. There is an electronic device on the end which then detects the leak and shuts off the inlet automatically.

http://sparesonweb.co.uk/images/i/IND5702 - 2-p.JPG

The problem?

Somehow they installed the inlet hose but must have attached it to the dishwasher last as the bloody aquastop device does not fit through the hole in the unit carcass. The aquastop device does not come off and the hose is plumbed into the back of the dishwasher.
It cannot be removed from the dishwasher externally.

Question:

Does this mean I have to take the sides off the dishwasher to detach the hose? Anyone removed/replaced one of these before?

I cannot see any other alternative other then cutting a bigger hole in the carcass, which would be a pain in the.....

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The aquastop hose can be removed, what model appliance do you have. This is not a simple task, it maybe much easier to enlarge the carcass entry hole with a hole saw.

Very much doubt it was removed from the appliance when it was fitted.

I would have thought the same, but the aquastop device does not fit though the circular hole of the carcass.......it is not even close. There is no way it could have been fed through for installation. Which leaves attaching it to the dishwasher second. I cannot see any other way they could have done it.

Maybe enlarging the hole is the best option from what you say PrenticeBoy

Sponsored Links
Does the aquastop large plastic cover come off easily? the internall gubbins are smaller and may fit through the hole. I can't imagine anyone disconnecting it from the appliance end, it's so much work!

Not that I can see. I had a good attempt to pull it off and prise it open before I had worked out what it was. I thougth it was just a detachable/removable attachment to the hose at first.

It is tightly crimped on to the hose and I cannot see any easy way to open the casing up. I will have another look though.

After this, I much prefer a standard hose!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back