Aquatronic 2 shower too hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have had an aquatronic 2 shower for a couple of years and for the last few months we have had very hot showers on the highest pressure (marked with double red line). We have set the dial at the coldest setting without effect.
Any idea what could be wrong, is there a repair i can make please?
Thanks for any response, hopefully

Sponsored Links
Not unusual for knobs to split and turn without actually turning what they are attached to.

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response. I think that the dial is turning the dial correctly. This is confirmed by the fact that if we change the top button to the lower pressure setting (1 red line)then the dial appears to operate the temperature correctly.

what flow rate is the water from the shower? can you remove the showerhead from the hose and check it to see if any faster this way??

it may have a faulty control stabilizer valve or even a partially blocked filter....

Sponsored Links
Hi Steve,
I think you have solved it I have put a shower head that is not so scaled up and the temperature seems to be ok.
Thanks for your advice.
Regards,
P

That's OK, glad to have helped.

Does the other showerhead fit OK? No leak from it?? Washer ok in the hose??

Thanks Steve.
Yes it is the original showerhead, we relpaced it by one that was supposed to stay limescale free - it didnt! The old one was ok although it is heavier and the bracket is broken(didn't matter so much with the lighter showerhead) - I am hoping my araldite repair will work otherwise I will have to try and get a new bracket.
Regards,

My mum's electric shower seems to only get hot when the immersion heater has been on, which I'm sure can't be right? And even when you do get hot water it fluctuates from scalding to cold. Any clues what's happening with it.

My mum's electric shower seems to only get hot when the immersion heater has been on, which I'm sure can't be right? And even when you do get hot water it fluctuates from scalding to cold. Any clues what's happening with it.

your shower sounds like a power shower not just an electric shower that heats its own water.
what model/make is it ?

Hi,
Problem of too hot has come back. You mentioned " faulty control stabilizer valve or even a partially blocked filter" can a new valve be fitted or the filter be cleared easily please?
Regards,
P

the way to check the stab valve is turn it to fully cold the flow should be powerful then turn it to fully hot the flow should reduce to very slow.
check this with the showerhead removed.

have you double checked the hose as they collapse inside.

the filter is located on the inlet pipe to the solenoid valve.
the inlet will need removing.

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
THe flow is correct with the shower head off - slow through to powerful, I assume that this means that inlet filter is the problem. I will try that tomorrow.
Regards,
Peter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back