Aquavac Super 30 instructions wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help me with some instructions for my Aquavac Super 30 wet and dry vacuum cleaner?

This is a marvellous vacuum cleaner but long since discontinued and mine never had any instructions.

Specifically, I cannot see how to take off the narrow (dry) hose to put on the wide (wet) hose.

I feel like a bit of a dummy but it just won't come off and be glad of some help.

poppikins

Sponsored Links
Thanks JohnD.

I haven't the means to take any photos. I could do a sketch?

In general terms do the hoses pull off/on or twist?

Although an old model the machine is in "new" condition.

Thanks for help.
poppikins

Sponsored Links
pull

it is a plastic spigot going into a plastic socket. You can see the hard round spigot on the end of the spare hose

if dirty or abraded they stick

you can try pulling it while trying to wiggle it. If it comes apart clean the socket and spigot thoroughly.

a mobile phone often has a camera facility and can be plugged into a PC.

Thanks JohnD and that worked a treat. You are a star!

And yes, it was crudded up with compacted dust.

I guess to use it on wet I just need to take out the paper bag and cardboard filter?

I have two simple Nokia phones both I think with cameras but I have never tried it.

Most importantly would you mind telling me how they plug into a PC? (Should I be in a different thread to ask that?)

Thanks for help

poppikins

to use it wet you take out the paper bag, and use a drum-like pleated filter (you may already have one)

the pleated filter can be brushed and shaken clean of fluff and grit. If it gets badly clogged (e.g. with plaster dust) you can put it in the sink and use a washing-up brush and the hot tap. This is a last resort before you buy a new one. They cost about £5 - £10 and lasat a long time (unless clogged with cement and plaster)

Using a paper bag as well as the cartridge for dry work makes the cartridge last longer, and the cartidge filters out fine dust that can leak through the bag and stops it blowing back into the room.

If your Aquavac has a metal canister, leave the canister and the cartridge open to dry fully after use, as the cans go rusty (and the cartridge mouldy) if damp.

you'd best find the instructions for your phones.

Thanks JohnD

Sorry but I don't know which bit is the cartridge and which bit is the filter you refer to.

My cleaner has a black plastic "cage" with ball in it fixed in the lid, a paper bag and a drum like pleated filter but the pleats are cardboard and do not look washable.

I have never tried to use my phones to take a photo as there are no instructions how to put the pics in the PC. They are the Nokia 2330 and 2630. If you wouldn't mind giving me a general idea on what to do it would be a great help.

Thanks for help.

poppikins

The cartridge is the drum-like pleated cardboard thing. A soft dry brush will remove fluff and most household grime, but as it is waterproof (has to be, as it is used on wet-vac) you can wash it if it gets clogged, as often happens with fine plaster builders dust. I don't remember if the makers say so, but I have been doing it for many years. The cartridge pulls off the plastic cage with the ball float inside. You can also get disposable paper, cloth and foam filters to go round the cage, I have tried a few but find the cartridge is best. I like to use the big paper bag as well because it is cleaner in use and makes the drum filter last longer. You can only use the bags for dry household cleaning - if you vac up bits of brick and concrete, they tear the paper.

With a phone which includes a camera, you usually get in the box a cable which plugs into the phone, and also into the computer. There may also be a disk to set up the phone software on the computer. Beyond that you would have to look at the instruction book for your own phone. If lost, you can get a spare cable from the phone shops, but they are often very cheap on ebay from peoiple who have broken or lost their phones. I see the Nokia 2630 says it has "Bluetooth 2.0 for photo and data sharing" but I am not familiar with how it works. If you post a query on //www.diynot.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=31 someone will know.

Phone makers in the past used to delight in having unique cables that were different for every phone, but I hear they have now agreed to go to a mini-usb standard connection.

Thanks JohnD.

Please would you mind explaining why I need to use the drum like pleated cardboard thing when using it for wet?

I haven't got anything like that on my phones. I shall probably give up again.

Thanks again
poppikins

it stops dirt, water spray and foam coming out of the top or getting into the fan. The drum is described as a wet and dry filter so you can use it for both. There is a foam filter available for wet use only but I didn't think it much good.

Thanks JohnD and this is all very good of you.

Last question is have you any idea where I might get some instructions?

I've tried all sorts of places for years without success.

Instructions for any Aquavac would do.

Thanks again for all help.
poppikins

I believe the company that makes them is called Goblin or BVC

If you cruise a shop that sells their stuff there should be contact details on the packaging.

Thanks JohnD

The Goblin company could not help at the time and over time I have asked about 50 accessories companies (3 last week) with no luck.

In asking on here I hoped someone may have some old instructions and I understand it doesn't matter which model Aquavac as was said all the Aquavacs are more or less the same.

That said haven't you told me most things?

Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks for help

poppikins

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back