ARC comms fail - ADT alarm (non monitored)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm sorry for this thread, but you've helped me before so I thought I'd ask you again.

I have an ADT alarm that is no longer monitored and has now come up with the fault "ARC Comms fail - setting aborted" when I try to set it.

I have been able to bypass and set by going through fault override but cannot clear the fault as it continually says user reset required and all I have is my user ID.

I cannot call ADT as no longer have account with them, I just wonder if you have any advice for me

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/conversations/help.32297/#ixzz4UzJvxROo

Sponsored Links
You need someone in to default the control panel enginner code then programme the comms part off the system. Until then your have problems as system is looking for phoneline & the monitoring station until the system is programmed to not look for it.

Thanks for the reply. Who do you think I can get in to do this?

Someone else on here may be able to help. Depends what control panel you have. I'm guessing you have a Honeywell Galaxy (Portrait keypad with seperate metal cased control panel???)

Sponsored Links
upload_2017-1-6_15-56-27.png

Yeah its a Honeywell Galaxy. Like I say the comms feature needs programming off the system, its protected by an engineer code which ADT will never give out. However these systems can have the engineer code wiped & reset you just need to find someone who knows these panels. Most firms will want to flog you a new system so your need to find an independent enginner. If your in the South east drop me a private message & i may be able to help.

Thanks again for your help.

I'm in North West London.

Do you know of anyone down here.

Do search for local alarm company within your post code area ?
Make sure they use Galaxy range before engineer comes ?
A lot of the big boys use galaxy but fallout costs excessive
You need the engineer defaulting to make any program changes to your system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back