Arc or Mig that is the question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm in the UK at present, but generally live in Cebu,Philippines, I am considering starting a small business, making both standard and ornate type window and door grills,all houses have these fitted in the Philippines and seem to range from welded reinforcement bar, too top end twisted and caged designs, there doesent seem to be any middle ground, anyway I do have a workshop there, thats set up for joinery but i also have an arc welder that i use for my home needs, I;ve never used mig and was wondering if it would be suitable for making gates and grills, would the cost outway the advantages for a mig over arc, I'm also going to pick up some hand operated scrollers for shaping flat steel, if anyone has any reccomendations for the kind of work i'm considering please feel free to add your ideas

thanks

John

Sponsored Links
if you fitted door or window grills in this country the ****** would nick them for scrap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back