archatrive issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
i've recently had a room boarded and plastered, done a good job but they left me with a problem

id taken the archatrive off previous to the work. the top and left sides are fine for replacing it but the right side to the wall is my problem i have about 10-12mm of space and its not a level line.

any options?

cheers

Sponsored Links
not shure what you mean do you mean a hollow behind the archatrave!!!

sorry if i didnt explain thoroughly.

what i mean is not that the plasterers have boarded up and skimmed, i've lost about 12mm against the door so now the acrchatrive will be standard size around top, and left side but not right side.

i'll have to cut it down somehow but will this look messy as the line is not plumb.

hope that clears it up a little

Sponsored Links
i think you mean you want to scribe it to the wall thats at rightangles to the archatrave :D ;)

measure from the high point [nearest to the door edge]to where you want the front edge to be lets say its 25mm mark this on the achatrave at the relivent point

tempory pin in position parralel to the wall get your compases set them so they touch the wall and the mark on the archatrave at the high point
follow the wall keeping them at right angles
cut along the line slightly undercutting so the back edge slopes away from the wall making it easier if it needs slight adjustment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back