Archway advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

I've got this archway on the landing and I'm just thinking the easiest way to trim it ? I've seen some flexible trims etc but is decorative plaster an option ?

Any design thoughts please ?

Attachments

• IMG_9116.JPG
    IMG_9116.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 78
Sponsored Links
You can buy decorative plaster corbels, but running-in your own plaster cornice, without experience, is a recipe for a messy disaster if you ask me. Flexible would be ideal. Alternatively you could cut and route some MDF.

I'm looking at two corbels ( when i find the right size ) and then running a flexible architraive over the arch.

When you say wet cornice ? What do you mean ?

I'm hoping for something like this when finished

Attachments

• IMG_9114.PNG
    IMG_9114.PNG
    353.2 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
I mean the way pro's can slap some plaster on the wall and then 'scrape' a flat shape along it to form a perfect cornice around an arch or curved bay window, for example. (In your case you would do it on the ground, to form an arched piece of plaster moulding that you could then stick on the wall. But it would a learning curve. Curve, geddit?)
100_0402-H600.jpg

BTW what search engine did you use in the screenshot in post #4? The image in the bottom right is my house!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back