Are all Solicitors the same

I suppose it's simpler for me really, all I'm doing is selling at this stage.
Are these people not governed by their professional body.

thats what i though vacant possession and first time buyers 13 weeks :D

Sponsored Links
Having lawyers make laws is like having doctors make diseases.

Allegedly !

Sponsored Links
Only ever engaged one decent solicitor, the rest have been pretty rubbish TBH.

if i can offer one piece of advise it would be this:

Stay away from any conveyancing solicitors who have anything to do with the countrywide group of companies. When i moved they were called Countrywide Property Lawyers but i believe they have changed their name to Countrywide Conveyancing Services.

The problems started because everything was done over the internet or by post. They were supposed to be sending documents to sign and they never turned up in the post. They always blamed royal mail. They sent the wrong contracts 3 times which were for somebody elses house move. They constantly passed you from pillar to post on the phone whether it be "you need to speak to blue team" or you need to ring back and ask for yellow team" etc etc. They constantly dragged their heels with getting searches done, they lied in emails and on the phones which we caught them out on by visiting the people who lived in the house we were moving into. In the end, it took us 17.5 weeks to get the keys to the property.

We were first time buyers with a mortgage waiting to go, deposit in hand and the people who were moving out of the house were moving into a bungalow which was already empty.

Worst of all, their office was in Cardiff. I asked numerous times for a meeting with them, but "we dont do face to face". I couldnt even hand deliver a vital letter to them which would have enabled us to get the exchange of contracts done quicker.

countrywide, yes charlatans, wanted over £700 in fees to rent a flat for six months, and wanted the 6 months up front. Ridiculous charges like Saturday moving in fee £60 (was moving in on Friday) Reference fee £80 (i had to provide the reference) Reference guarantor fee, whatever that is, admin, express move in fee second express move in fee.... list was endless, all absolute rubbish.

Sponsored Links
Back