Solicitors Letter ( Child Maintenance )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Does a letter from a Solicitor have any clout ?

Basically, I pay my EX. Child maintenance.

After 7 years of paying, She goes to the CSA, I now have to pay a higher amount, but because I'm new to the CSA they are putting me on an increasing payment scale, to phase in the new amount.

This means to start with I'll be paying less !!
Thats what I'm going to do, but she doesn't like it.

So shes got a Solicitor to send me a letter, will this have any weight/power to it ?

and can this make me pay more ?

Thanks, Dave

Sponsored Links
yes, the solicitor's letter is intended to frighten you.

Pay what the CSA have set you as an amount. They usually give you grace for sending forms back quickly. Just don't miss any payments or they may re-assess you and raise the amount.

It doesn't matter what a solicitor deems is correct, the CSA are there to assess and determine amounts. If your ex-wife wants to take you to court because she wants more then let her. It will cost her a fortune and any judge will side with the CSA evaluation anyway. Some women go to the CSA to try and get more money and end up losing out.

Has she gone to the CSA to get more money or is she now on benefits? (in which case it is the state that go to the CSA to recover the cost)

The CSA get a lot of bad press, but I've never had any trouble off them.

The only problem the CSA has is that the people they can't get to pay have no intention of paying. They either disappear, declare false incomes, keep moving jobs/house or know every loophole in the system.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies

BoxBasher,

Shes actually off work with depression !!

But its Her whos gone to the CSA to get more money.

Back