What a charming letter...

Sponsored Links
Seeing as tho this is like being down the pub, you know politics and all that...

Thought it was missing something...

03p15.jpg

That's better! ;)

Quote from 'Hansard' 8th May 2000 col 241 ... Dawn Primarolo said
"....There are about 19,000 exempt companies in Jersey. They pay a charge of £600—that is all—which means that they have to pay no tax at all on their income on profits arising outside Jersey. Moreover, at the moment they are not taxed anywhere else. ... "

Have to get AdamW on this ... 19,000 companies on little Island means very little space each, or Banks and Lawyers with lots of storage space colluding in major LEGAL rip off !!

Too many allowances, too many reliefs ..... best answer is a tithe all pay small % of income, end of story .. cuts red tape, saves court challenges on points of business law etc etc.
Then we would have the life style we deserve !!

P

The funny thing is, and don't hold this against me, I am a capitalist and I am a tory. Yet, I have never approved of privatisation of such industries. As someone said earlier, gas and electricity are by their very nature monopoly industries. They don't run a separate pipe for each provider.

And also, if we got rid of the utility companies and bought our gas and electric from Transco directly, then surely we would get a better price.

Now imagine if the tories won the next general election, then went and nationalised everything again! I know it won't happen, could you imagine the cost to renationalise industries?

Sponsored Links
mildmanneredjanitor said:
Seeing as tho this is like being down the pub, you know politics and all that...

Thought it was missing something...

That's better! ;)

MMJ, I have to ask... Canadian-based Coronation Street fan sites?! :LOL:

Capitalism .. all ..ism's need control to a greater or lessor degree, in a modern society.
I am afraid I do not believe in a war widow recieving a pittance, whilst fat cats are given allowances which they patently do not need, and leave to habit this Island while paying nothing in taxes !!
I am not conned, after a lot of years in Industry ... Any major company has more than a few employees capable of running it as well as, if not better than, the current old MD and his cohorts ... The important point is that they would carry out the task for less dosh ... thus bringing benefit to the shareholder and the employee !!
How about the managerial level at city councils ? Why does this provide a guaranteed lucrative future ? Cheaper, younger ... mobile, shifting in and out of the business .. not costing us the earth for sod all !!

P

...That's better! ..;)
Did you backfire ?
Or was that an expression of the quality within the image ?

Better than SFA I suppose !! Hardly set the bar afire .. do they ?

P

Adam Wotnot said:
MMJ, I have to ask... Canadian-based Coronation Street fan sites?!

:oops: Shhhsh! It's just a hobby ok!

pipme said:
...That's better! ..;)
Did you backfire ?
Or was that an expression of the quality within the image ?

Better than SFA I suppose !! Hardly set the bar afire .. do they ?

P

Do you not understand the fundamental basics of 'beer goggles'???

:eek: By the end of the evening, I'd propose to these lurverly laydees! :D

Blame the carpet baggers.

We want to privatise - will you vote?

What's in it for us?

£500.00? That'll do nicely.......

I suppose you're right there... to an extent. From what I have read (not in the tory press, by the way, from my lefty parents in fact :LOL: ) the 1975 EEC referendum promised such far-reaching, hard hitting and essential benefits as cheaper wine! :eek:

Of course, people are probably dubious about further privatisation now we have the current situations with everything. So I would hope that (if we had the industries to privatise) then people would say "No" against it. Although why would the people be consulted...

Sponsored Links
Back