Internet Banking

if you lend me £100, and I guarantee to pay back £90 at some unspecified date in the future, would you consider my guarantee to be good enough to set your mind at rest?

If the punters aren't supposed to panic, they need a better guarantee.

Sponsored Links
This is all very interesting to someone I'm sure but Diyisfun needs to know where his local branch is man! The lad has a bung he wants to deposit... or are you closing the account now Diyisfun? You see, that Crystal Ball would be sooo handy.... "6 Numbers for tonights Draw.... Give me 6 Numbers for Tonights Draw..." If they come up its going straight under the mattress. WHAT? trust the banks? You must be joking :LOL:

I didnt get the support I was after from the forumn, but to let you know the outcome.
I sent 3 emails I have still not had a reply.

On Monday I called them & said I have my user name & but do not no the combinations of the other 2 passwords required, & was ready to close the account.
The pleasant lady said 'no problem, I will email it to you', she emailed a temp pass code, which allowed me access & reset the passwords.
The security question for the password, is usually something like favorite animal. This one asked about 5 different things, some of which I dont have, so I have had to write them down as they can be asked randomly.

WHY COULD THEY NOT HAVE EMAILED ME ON FRIDAY, which is what my gripe was about.

was the 5 favourite thing words like "favourite cartoon character" "favourite boy band" "favourite soap star"?

I've heard people complain that they are aimed more at youngsters than us oldies.

When you feel better you could send a letter to their head of cust servs and maybe if enough people do it they will think about offering more choices.

One of my banks asks things like "first pet's name" and "favourite colour" "first school" "last school" which I can generally remember OK.

Sponsored Links
Glad you got sorted Ditisfun. Why they didn't do that before but can now is a fair point.

Banks... will any of us look at them the same way after what's happened recently? Ken Dodd had the right idea. :D Actually, for those that don't know/remember, Ken was charged with tax evasion in 1989. The trial revealed that he held an old-fashioned view of banks: he didn't trust them. Throughout his career he hoarded £300,000 in cash in suitcases at home, never depositing any of it in any kind of account or investment. He preferred to keep his wealth in the form of physical notes. As he hadn't actually spent or invested the cash, the jury accepted his explanation that he wasn't trying to get rich through tax evasion, and that he was just scared of letting his cash be stored virtually as a number in a bank computer. He was found Not Guilty.

Seemed like a fair enough excuse to me at the time and some would argue even more so now.

ken-dodd.jpg

what will you do? Hit me with your Zimmer? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back