CITI BANK?

B

breezer

I just had an email form CITI BANK asking me to confirm my details, it also said do not reply to this email as it is a ficticious address.

Also if i do not reply my account will be suspended

What tickled me was,

a bank will not ask you for your details on the net.

I do not have a citi bank account

now where is the block sender function

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, people have fallen for these scams!

I had one purporting to be from Natwest. It looked very genuine, and the web address was very cleverly disguised. The only way I knew it wasn't real was that no genuine bank would ever send out such an e-mail!

eBay have sent out warnings too, apparently there has been a spate of rogue emails asking for login and PayPal details. This seems like an easy scam too if you fall for it - if someone can log in to your PayPal account they can potentially buy anything they like. The delivery address could be their only downfall but if they choose a communal block of flats or such then you're screwed. Bottom line, if you get anything like this, be it eBay, your bank, or whatever: go to their homepage (not a link from an email), navigate to contact details, get in touch and ask them.

AdamW said:
Unfortunately, people have fallen for these scams!

I had one purporting to be from Natwest. It looked very genuine, and the web address was very cleverly disguised. The only way I knew it wasn't real was that no genuine bank would ever send out such an e-mail!

All emails asking for personal information are scams. And yet, I'm about to receive $10,000,000 US(ten million dollars US) just for giving away my sort code. Imagine that.

Sponsored Links
Just yesterday had a call on my answering machine telling me i had won a competition and that i was a major prize winner all i had to do was send my details to claim my prize to this person at so and so address although it may be quicker and easier to phone 0906...... I just wish i'd been in to talk to her directly oh what fun i would have had :)

Slightly more serious note ... Loans which announce 'nothing to pay for three months once signed up' .... Do not mention the compounded interest added to the 'loan' for the months preceding start of repayments !! ..... Unbelievable !!
Can hear the money cascading from accounts clear across the king / queendom.

P

Back