Orange Home

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For 2 years +, our broadband was paid for by my parents. In August, I realised that I was the only one that used it, and changed the direct debit instruction, online, to my bank account.

All went well and they started billing my bank account every month. My mum recieved her bank statement yesterday, and they have started taking money from her account again! Without ANY instruction whatsoever by me or my parents, to either the banks or Orange.

The transaction on the bank statement says "Orange home first payment DD" My mum phoned the bank, who gave her a phone no. for orange.

The man at orange wasn't too helpful, as apparently he needs to speak to me (the account is in my mum's name, but i pay). Anyway, i went online today and changed the DD back to my account, and my mum has phoned her bank to cancel any orange DD.

I was quite cross about this, so i emailed orange and asked them to explain why they changed the DD instruction back to my parents without any instruction from me, and where they got their bank details from. I then sent another email asking them why I've had connection troubles (wonder if the 2 are related?), and rhetorically asking why I'm paying £17.99 a month for this poor service. Hopefully I'll get something out of it but im not crossing my fingers.

I've been with Orange since it was Freeserve! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
on a customer survery that was done on watchdog, orange came out the worst in all aspects, particulaly customer service

Crafty said:
I was quite cross about this...
Don't get mad, Crafty - just vote with your feet. You probably weren't to know at the time, but Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange always have been sh*te.

Softus said:
Crafty said:
I was quite cross about this...
Don't get mad, Crafty - just vote with your feet. You probably weren't to know at the time, but Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange always have been sh*te.
Well, I have been with Freeserve since the dial-up era, half an hour every night after 6 o clock on an 0845 number lol. Then Wannadoo came along and we switched to 512 broadband. We have never had need to contact the customer services people, but so far they have been less than helpful.

My BB connection has been less than consistant recently, and after 3 exchanges of emails with their CS people (Smitha, Nosheen, Gauri), they are still giving me links to their help pages. They are refusing to acknowledge that the fault is at their end, telling me to try re-entering the usernames and passwords into the router etc. There is nothing wrong with my settings, they normally work!

And on the billing side of things, I have been told to phone their CS centre, but I think i'll let sleeping dogs lie, but if it happens again, I am changing to another provider.

I did wonder if they were made up names from an automated response service.

Sponsored Links
Back