Banking trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Checking latest bank statement, there were nine payments to a well-known on-line retailer last month which I did not make. I have account with that retailer, but payments are from a different bank. I have stopped card, and phoned and written to bank with details. I am now wondering, will I be re-imbursed by my bank for my loss? Nothing like this has ever happened to me before, bit of a shock really. Any advice or guidance appreciated, thank-you.

Sponsored Links
i used to get this a lot when i was going out with her
nurse.jpg

anyway i'm seeing somebody else now. ;)

As its online, then yes they should refund you no bother.

If it was done using your pin number (i.e. in a shop, cashpoint, etc), then that's a different matter.

What interests me, is how this happens in the first place, since apart from the 16-digit no. of the card, the retailer concerned needs the small 3-digit no. from back of card, before the account is activated. Leaves me a bit bewildered actually. Perhaps the 'leakage' of card information is from the bank itself? I shall have to await their reply.

Sponsored Links
check your PCs. Make sure you don't have any virus that could capture sensitive info from a genuine transaction.

I have had something similar and was asked by my Bank in town to phone their fraud department of LloydsTSB. They were very good, surprisingly, and put a stop to further payments being taken.

Sponsored Links
Back