Internet Banking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I opened an internet b/account on line, they send me a letter telling me I have an account & I should use my log in details.
Great...but Im at work, do not have my details, so I call them, Im asked everything except what I had for breakfast. They cant tell me they have to post my user name. Speak to supervisor tell them that other banks can email, forgotten information, all I get is its the policy.
So I send email to complaints dept (why would you have an email address called that, oh maybe because they get a lot).
Get home, find user name, I need password & memorable name, the site is so poor that I dont know if its rejecting, due to case sensitivity or wrong info, send another email asking them to call me, as there is no reply from the email, I wasnt expecting a call & so far havnt had one.
Found an email called investments, maild that still no reply.
I'm trying to put money..WHAT WILL IT BE LIKE TRYING TO GET OUT.

I feel beter now

Sponsored Links
BirminghamMidshires part of Bank of Scotland. Good rate 7.02%..I know why now..lol

Sponsored Links
yes me..old people forget..If I could have picked a user name like diyisfun, I would have rembered that, but trying to remember egg12345

not exactly the bank's fault then :(

hopefully you can set your PIN and password to something you can remember.

Your username you may have to write down.

If I write anything like that in my address book, or store it in my phone, I don't use the name of the bank, but sometimes the name of the street or town where they are, or of my local branch, or the manager's name if i happen to know it. Or for the password, if my password was for example "Monroe" I might write "Marylin's surname" as my reminder. Or if it was my cat's name, I might put "Sooty's son." If I used my uncle Fred's name (unlikely) I might put "Rosemary's husband"

this makes it difficult for anyone getting my notebook to know what the PIN and password are, or what account they relate to. If you write them in a way that can be easily understood, the bank will say you did not take proper care.

I never said it was the banks fault, its the inabilty to help.
No PIN No.
When I receive the letter from them telling me my user name, I will have to contact them again for the other details.
All I wanted to do was open an account & put money in, I never asked them to put it in the same account & it is a different bond. The first time I opened it I had to send a chq for £1, so they new I was who I said I was, I was expectingto do the same again

Can't se anything wrong with the way the bank handled things. You didn't have the information needed to get into the account. You could have been anyone trying to get into it by phoning up. I think be grateful that anyone else without the username and password wouldn't have been able to get into the account either.

It's important to write the details down as the account is created. If you intend to use the account away from home, keep your username, memorable name and password with you in some form that wouldn't make it look like that's what it is.

Rider...If they have no intention of supplying the information over the phone (& I didnt ask for it via phone) then why ask:
Name
Address
Account balance
Account Linked to
Sort Code
Account Number
Then say we will post your user name, they have my email address.

If I call Abbey I am asked security questions as I would expect, but the issue is resolved, same with credit cards.
I even asked if they could put the money in using my debit card, I was only trying to move money to get below the £35k in the other bank.
By the time this is resolved the banks will be gone or the curent problems resolved.
I am 1 of millions moving money

I, like others here, cannot see your beef Diy. The bank was/is acting in your best interests. You'd be the first to complain if someone was able to obtain your details in the manner you outline (over the phone/email), as they could be ANYONE!

Well done the Banking Staff I say.

I, like others here, cannot see your beef Diy. The bank was/is acting in your best interests. You'd be the first to complain if someone was able to obtain your details in the manner you outline (over the phone/email), as they could be ANYONE!

Well done the Banking Staff I say.

I am trying to DEPOSIT

You are trying to make a Financial Transaction. There are laws covering this. If you don't like the flamin bank go else where! :rolleyes:

You are trying to make a Financial Transaction. There are laws covering this. If you don't like the flamin bank go else where! :rolleyes:

I have followed the laws, else the account would not be open.

Its the banks rules...these are not laws.

I cant go elsewhere without getting my money

I have followed the laws, else the account would not be open.

Its the banks rules...these are not laws.

I cant go elsewhere without getting my money
Then pop down to the branch when you have a minute. Close the account and take your hard earned money elsewhere. There you go, problem solved.

Sponsored Links
Back