Are Floors-2-Go any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to fit a wooden floor in my extension (35m2)

I popped into my local Floors to go branch (Warrington) and was pleased to see that I could get a solid oak floor in the colour I like for £39 per m2. The salesperson also said I'd be able to get up to 20% discount on certain sale days. This seems very cheap. Originally I though I could only get engineered wood flooring for this sort of price.

I'm trying to find the catch here. I've had a Google and found that Floors 2 Go have a pretty poor customer service. And that deliveries are frequently not on time. But if the wood I needed was in stock and can collect it then I don't see how it could go wrong.

I also discovered the oak is from china. This set some alarm bells ringing. Should I be concerned?

I have a sample piece. Is there something I should look for?

Sponsored Links
You can get the same online cheaper.

About 6years ago I purchased my solid oak flooring in oiled finish online for £20sqm. I think the company is still around as well.

Nothing to worry about at all.

If you are happy with the product and laying it yourself your only concern is that its undamaged. Customer service is one thing I wouldnt worry about when laying flooring anyway.

If its oak, its oak! I would stay away from saving a few pence and ordering online, if it turns up damaged then you will have a right ball ache arranging shipping returns etc. Theres nothing better than physically seeing the product youre buying, irrespective of what it is.

Floors to go offer very good discount due to their ability to buy bulk, you wont get much better in fairness.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for feedback.

Seems I can find it cheaper elsewhere on the web. £25 per square meter seems pretty common. I'm surprised.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back