B&Q Real Wood Flooring Rustic Oak - any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I'm looking for affordable engineered wood flooring for around £20/m2.
The following from B&Q seems to fit the bill, but I would like to know if anyone can vouch for the quality or otherwise of this product?

B&Q Real Wood Flooring Rustic Oak

Thanks. Dan.

Sponsored Links
Thickness 11mm - can't be a very thick top layer.

I'm a little worried about getting flooring that's too thick as we already have laminate flooring in the kitchen and I'm thinking that the difference in height between the engineered wood and laminate will be a problem where the two rooms meet at the doorway.
Will this be a problem as I'm also thinking about the following from Wickes:

Real Wood Flooring (1190 x 195 x 7mm)

and

Real Wood Flooring (1220 x 145 x 13.5mm)

When they meet in the doorway you have to install a threshold anyway - a ramp will make the transition a gentle sloop no matter how 'big' the difference.

If you're looking for good - guaranteed - quality, have a look here too top layer 4mm

Sponsored Links
make sure the flooring you are getting is suitable for wet areas,some floors are not siutable

the b+q flooring in question,i have used in bedrooms and have had no problems,make sure to leave the expansion gaps around the perimeter.

another most important rule of thumb is to leave some floors layed flat in the room where it is going to be layed at least 48 hours prior to being layed,read all instructions to avoid any problems later.

the b+q flooring in question,i have used in bedrooms and have had no problems,make sure to leave the expansion gaps around the perimeter.
Veneer floors are highly suitable to be installed in bedrooms. If you are allergic or suffer from Asthma a veneer floor there is a very good and cost-effective solution.

another most important rule of thumb is to leave some floors layed flat in the room where it is going to be layed at least 48 hours prior to being layed,read all instructions to avoid any problems later.
That's right, but not just for some floors: all types of wooden floors need to acclimatise in the room you plan to install them. Make sure the room has a normal temperature while this is done.
Wood-engineered floors: 3 - 4 days, solid floors 2 -3 weeks!

Thanks for all the advice and comments, I think we will need to take a look at the B&Q and Wickes flooring in store, make sure the specification is the same as on the web site and then decide between the two.

We can't afford any more than £20/m2, so it's just a case of getting the best bang for buck.

I am encouraged that nobody has replied with a horror story regarding this flooring!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back