Are macerators subject to building control?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Are macerators subject to building control in a new W.C.? All I know is that it is a small pipe that runs up over the ceilings to the stack.

Are partial replacement stacks or replacement bathroom suite subject to building control?

Not 100% sure - we have them checking the RSJ, but not sure on either of the above.

I appreciate that they are subject to building regs etc.

We have to get the refurbishment signed off soon, so do not want to ignore any of the above if we should draw his attention to them.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Wasn't sure as it is not a full toilet and so a full waste pipe is not installed.

Would the stack / new suite also be subject to building control?

All the electrics are being handled under a separate section and building control are not interested as long as it gets signed off.

I would expect an inspector to be interested in any new drain connections if there are any, macerators are only allowed if there are no other practical alternatives.

Sponsored Links
Macerators are allowed all the time as long as you have a regular loo.

I have found BC are generally pretty insistent on gravity drainage (and rightly so) if practical though yes Part G does allow them.

Bleeding heck. I'm more confused than Freddie now (and that takes some doing).

Which question is the "Yes" in answer to?
What 'them' does Part G allow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back