Bathroom-to-bedroom conversion - Building control?

Further update - Building inspector has been and said everything I've done already is fine and my plans for the rest of the work are also fine. Great news! He will come back after work is complete to check and issue the certificate. All my worries about the soil stack were unfounded.

All in all, a very helpful visit. I'd highly recommend that anyone doing such a job get them in and not be scared. For peace of mind alone, this was £180 well spent and means no one can argue the price down when I come to sell. I would imagine an indemnity policy wouldn't be much less than this so there's really no question as long as you're follwing the regs.

Sponsored Links
All in all, a very helpful visit. I'd highly recommend that anyone doing such a job get them in and not be scared. For peace of mind alone, this was £180 well spent and means no one can argue the price down when I come to sell.
There now wasn’t that worth the effort. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back