Are my expectations too high.....?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a UPVC front door fitted about a month ago, looks great and is exactly what we wanted, the price wasn't the cheapest by any means, but i've had a few issues with it.

First off they fitted the wrong door panel, which I accepted as a genuine mistake, got rectified eventually after three weeks, resulting in a loss of pay for the time I had to take off.

Few days later it rained heavily and I come home to find my hallway totally waterlogged where the water has managed to come in through the bottom of the door, the door doesn't contact the seal on the frame and the threshold has no drainage holes, they agreed to come out and rectify the fault yesterday but didn't show up and called me later to re-arrange.

Looking over the door again, the handle is slightly loose and they door does not fit into the opening correctly, it's fitted into an arched opening and there is an inch gap at the head of the opening. They fitted a trim on the outside to cover most of the gap but had to pump silicone into the bits the trim didn't cover.

I'm a bit narked because they have zero comprehension of the fact every time it rains I have water pouring into my house and each half day I waste waiting around for them costs me money.

What sort of solution would you guys be asking for, I was considering asking for the fault to be rectified at first but thinking about it I want the whole thing refitting properly, as to why the door doesn't fit right who knows, I has to waste more time waiting for the guy to come round and measure the size of the doorway.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back