Are old and poorly installed gutters causing damp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im in the room at the back of my house and I have a feeling that because the gutter leaks and overflows (neighbour has a tree from which leaves always block routes), that is somehow causing damp and mould issues in my house since where the gutter is leaking (corner), thats exactly where in my room I have damp and some cracks have started appearing since Nov 2010.

Am I right, can bad gutters cause damp/mould? I have a vent in my room so theres always enough air flowing through, I've been told its because of my gutters.

Advice/help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yes it IS the gutters. Why you allow major damage because you are too lazy to clean them is beyond me. :rolleyes:

It`s the neighbour`s fault for growing a tree :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Am I right, can bad gutters cause damp/mould?

You should get your gutters cleaned and checked annually, preventative maintenance being the most sensible approach especially as you have trees around your property.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back