Are therse water heaters UK legal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody come across this kind of water heater before? My neighbour seems intent on having one fitted yet I am unable to find any information details as there seems to be no available website. Apart from the Dani another company that makes something similar is Marey who I think are based in the US. Again, few details available. Would such items comply with the regs etc? Thanks for any advice.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
if it genuinely does have TUV and CE approval then it will be safe, whether or not it will be ok within our regs ive no idea TBH.

One of the plumbing lads should know.

looks handy for the garage though

nickso said:
looks handy for the garage though

except that it appears to need a 25A supply, so would need a dedicated radial.

no good for filling baths or any large application certainly no good for a shower
would take around 3 mins to fill a 10L washing up basin thats assuming you don't want it to hot

Sponsored Links
Very good points, chaps. Thanks for your advice...I will pass this info on to the neighbour. :)

http://www.formaster.com.pl/english/products.htm may help a bit.

At 5.5KW, it works nicely for a cloakroom hand basin.
A better dribble than the dribble from a 3KW heater anyway.

It does require a dedicated radial circuit in the UK at least.
The instructions should be no problem for a polish plumber, but say little about the electrical installation. Apparently they can be configured as vented or unvented, under sink or over sink. The illustration is set up as unvented under sink.

As for longevity - It's been going about 2 months so far, and we have very hard water so that's almost as long as our kettle will last without de-scaling ..... I'll let you know.

Not too sure what the sparks would make of the flex outlet supplied - the terminals are about the size of the ones in a 5A choc bloc, but I suppose the load is intermittent. I replaced it with a 40A DP switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back