Are these studs supporting the stairs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning on building a cupboard under the stairs i was going to leave this section but the plasterboard was damp (Prob from cats water bowl spilling or something). So i thought i may as well make use of all the space under the stairs but i was wondering if any of these studs are supporting the stairs. I dont think they are but this is an old house so who nos. I would be happy just removing the front two and to be honest one of the front two has a big split in it so if they are offering support they wont be for much longer xD

Many thanks.
P1100724.JPG
P1100729.JPG
P1100733.JPG
P1100731.JPG
P1100735.JPG
P1100736.JPG
P1100734.JPG

Sponsored Links
They are offering some intermediate support but not wholly or mainly. The top of the staircase at the landing is usually the main area of support by means of double (trimmer) joists running between two walls. Sometimes the landing newel post drops down to ground floor or is supported on a sleeper wall.

Can you post pics of the staircase as a whole?

Blup

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back