Are universal Dishwasher and Washing Machine Trap any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was hoping some feedback from a plumbing expert.

I'm basically looking at connecting my washing machine and dishwasher to the sink waste with a Universal Dishwasher and Washing Machine Trap - 40mm

This would be heaps quicker as the waste pipe is already installed and all i would need is the new trap with connections mentioned above.

I just want to make sure this way is good practice? just it seems like a lot for one waste pipe to handle, or do i have to take turns using the machines or emptying the sink to avoid feedback down one of the waste pipes. Or should I really try and keep the washing machine and dishwasher on there own separate waste pipe?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
They do work. Get a McAlpine one, they're good quality. Jubilee clip the waste outlets on the spigots. The wastes won't backflow. If your waste pipe from the kitchen sink is clear and installed correctly, there shouldn't be a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back