Arghhhh Trevi Showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Wonder if any of you could help me out.

I've been to look at a couple of Trevi showers in the past month that had developed problems relating to regulating temperature correctly.

Following advice from Trevi I have cleaned the thermostatic by descaling it. Unfortately this appeared not to improve things, and if anything the shower now does not get as hot as it did prior to my arrival!!!!

Trevi then suggested that the cartridge may be faulty so I purchased a replacement, once fitted the shower did get hotter but it seemed poorly calibrated not having a wide range of temperatures.

Does anyone have any experience of fixing these showers. It's driving me mad and the poor customer is stuck without a properly functioning shower.

Sponsored Links
Depends what hot water system it is married to, if combi need to insert the green (I think) flow restrictor into cold inlet. Last Trevis I fitted had external filters which you had to put the restrictor into, that might be out of reach now.

I've had a pretty bad week of it for showers myself. Combined with jumping off a bench on which I had to stand to repair a combi, only to smash the door handle of the AEG washing machine on my way down, and I have a callback to the combi to boot (which is probably a system water fault) etc etc. The alrm went off in the van this morning as I was driving through the countryside, frantically pressing buttons in no set order turned it off for now....

Fitted cutomers own electric shower (she didn't like either of the two I had in stock) only to find it didn't work, I said take it back, bnq told her she couldn't do that, she asked me please will you phone the company, I did they said they would come out to it if customer rang them. This time customer rang and they fobbed her off again, so I got involved once again, "how was it fitted?", so I blinded her with science (she asked the wrong man how it was connected up if she wanted to fob someone off with superiority), her voice withered and she said tell customer to take it back to bnq they will change it this time, and they did and all was well with the new one, but my involvement was enormous, as the whole job was a rewire repair to central heating, gas and electrical safety certificates, it won't really be possible to get the extra trouble added to the price. Had I supplied the shower, 1. it would have worked and 2. it would have been an instant no questions asked swap.

Thanks for the reply Paul

The thing I don't understand is that the shower had once worked and nothing has changed in terms of the supply to it. It is fed off a combi boiler, unfortunately the valve is concealed, is there anyway of checking or adding the restrictors?

Ideal Standard don't seem to have been much use and my customer is frustrated by the whole thing!

put another check valve on hot as near shower as possible, flow restrictold as near as possible using a 3/8th tap washer made to fit into service valve.

IMPE pressure reducing device on cold to shower doesn't work but it should. Often noth9ng seems to fix it. Each individual manufacturer disowns problem.

In essence the combi must have priority draw on cold supply to house, a bit difficult now.

Sponsored Links
Once again many thanks Paul

I'll try the tap washer on the isolating valve and see if it makes any difference. The problem is that it seems to be more related to the fine tuning on the thermostat itself but there doesn't appear to be any was of adjusting this. I've followed the calibrating instructions from Trevi with no luck at all.

Bizarrely I've just had another call from one of my customers. Guess what, it's another Trevi shower problem :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back