Arise Sir Nigel

Should Nigel Farage get a Knighthood?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sponsored Links
We had to abide by eu terms & constraints
Do you mean that we weren't allowed to trade with the rest of the world because of our membership in the EU. Can you give me an example?
If that is true, the UK must be heading for a boom, surely? Why are big businesses nervous?

Clement Attlee did more for this country and the British working classes than any other politician economically and socially. He was never knighted and died in relative obscurity. No state funeral for him. How Thatcher was allowed to have a state funeral still irks me.

Sponsored Links
So you're saying I can import any piece of clothing, toys, electrical goods without having a ce mark on it ?
I'm not saying anything.
You inferred that being a member of the EU restricted our trade with 'The World'. Is this statement true?

Clement Attlee did more for this country and the British working classes than any other politician economically and socially. He was never knighted and died in relative obscurity. No state funeral for him. How Thatcher was allowed to have a state funeral still irks me.
You need to move on. We have a lot bigger things to worry about. Hate thinks that we are going to thrive now that the EU shackles have been removed. What I don't get is why are big exporters not getting excited?

You don't tell me what to do Know All. Get back to chewing on ya log you overgrown beaver. Those prominent gnashers sure can chomp through some timber.

The point I was making was why do modern day politicians get knighthoods at all.

To the rest of the audience minus Cilla Blacks long lost lovechild:

Germany has been trying to dominate Europe for years. Franco-Prussian War, First World War, Second World War. Started by who? Now they've achieved it economically. Who is in charge of the EU? Merkel and her mates.

Why are big businesses nervous?

We've been through this before: because "the big businesses" got big in the economic landscape as we have known it.
They're nervous because their current superiority is at risk, and they are potentially vulnerable to others who may better exploit the post-Brexit world.

As far as qualifying for a gong is concerned, I'd say he (Farage) is a couple of places behind Peter Sutcliffe and one behind Ian Huntley, in the que.
The most ridiculous statement I've ever seen on this Forum written by someone who's brain wasn't in gear at the time.

Who is in charge of the EU?
Those countries, and their citizens, who have seats on the council and members in the parliament.

Only a dummy would think that giving up your voice and your vote is a good way to gain influence.

You don't tell me what to do Know All.
Calm down, calm down!

Get back to chewing on ya log you overgrown beaver. Those prominent gnashers sure can chomp through some timber
I sense you may have rather unfortunate teeth yourself boyo.

The point I was making was why do modern day politicians get knighthoods at all
Agree.

Germany has been trying to dominate Europe for years. Franco-Prussian War, First World War, Second World War. Started by who? Now they've achieved it economically. Who is in charge of the EU? Merkel and her mates.
Ahh, the old fear of Germany default setting for all those RWR's without a proper argument to put forth. Poor old toothless Seasick.

yes.why not...plenty less deserving people do
Because the chap is xenophobic.
We shouldn't reward xenophobia. End of.
Oh, and he also thinks women are paid less because they are worth less. So yeah, not someone who is deserving of a knighthood in my opinion. Think of the message that sends out to the kiddies.

Any more reasons you'd like? :)

Sponsored Links
Back