Ariston A1047MT washing machine not filling with cold water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a strange problem. My washing machine, although fairly old, is very reliable. But midway through a wash, it just stopped mid-cycle. I've emptied the clothes and the water, but now it won't fill with any cold water. I've disconnected the hot water pipe as i have dodgy plumbing where the hot water pipe doesn't connect properly and leaks under the sink, but this hasn't been connected for the past 3+ years and works fine without it.

I've read most of washerhelp.com, and i've taken the top off the machine and also checked the waste pump at the bottom. There's no blockage from the black pipe from the drum to the water pump. I've taken out the powder/ conditioner draw and see no water entering the machine from the cold water pipes, which works strongly when i test it in the sink. The machine will do a spin cycle.

It's strange as the washing machined filled ok as it began it's cycle. Now it won't fill at all :(

Anyone got an suggestions on how to make the water come in? It seems like it thinks it's full of water or something and i'm not sure how to make it think otherwise :D

Sponsored Links
Sorry, but you could explain a bit more what you mean?

I've cleaned the cold water inlet filter just in case it was blocked, and disconnected then reconnected the two clips that are connected to the valve. I'm not sure if that's what you're on about. Also the two inlet valves are not a 'once-piece' valve, but two, apparantly independant sockets.

The two valves that let the water in when they are energised. Test them with your meter. It's likely one or both are open circuit.

Sponsored Links
I don't have any meter to test them with. How else can i tell? Is there anything i can do to close the circuit?

Hi, is there anything i can do to reset the circuit? If i understand you correctly then the machine is "stuck" thinking it's full of water or that it can't let any in. So is there something to reset this circuit? I've tried unplugging both the clips to the cold water inlet, turning the machine on, then letting it spin a bit, then turning the machine off, then reconnecting the clips to the cold water inlet, but that didn't work.

hello, is there any advice for what i should do next? I'd really appreciate some help with this one.

To be honest, without any basic test equipment it's going to be impossible to give further advice.
You're unable to test the inlet valves and you'll be unable to test the pressure switch.
Sorry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back