ariston boiler no hot water.

D

daicanal

i have a eurocombi ariston boiler either a/23 or a/27 mffi not sure which. when i turn my hot water on nothing happens, but a red light comes on the boiler insufficient system pressure according to mannual. but when i run the central heating i get hot water through the taps. would be glad for some advice, had it seviced 2 weeks ago. also the boiler is 11 yers old.

Sponsored Links
You may need to top up the system pressure to 1.5 Bar. One wonders how you have been using the boiler without topping up the pressure regularly. See the FAQ for further help on this.

The diverter valve seems to have failed on your boiler!

Tony Glazier

Agile";p="1999971 said:
You may need to top up the system pressure to 1.5 Bar. One wonders how you have been using the boiler without topping up the pressure regularly. See the FAQ for further help on this.

The diverter valve seems to have failed on your boiler!

thanks Toni the pressure on my system is just above 1.5 bar, which i've checked regular.

In that case either the gauge is faulty or more likely the LP switch is faulty or most likely blocked.

Did you allow the pressure to go very low? Doing that with a blocked switch will create a long delay before the switch resets to normal.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile";p="1999981 said:
In that case either the gauge is faulty or more likely the LP switch is faulty or most likely blocked.

Did you allow the pressure to go very low? Doing that with a blocked switch will create a long delay before the switch resets to normal.

Tony[/quote
no the pressure not gone low opened valve, the gauge ]pressure goes up seems to work ok.

daicanal";p="2000116 said:

Tony[/quote
no the pressure not gone low opened valve, the gauge ]pressure goes up seems to work ok.
thanks for your help, i drained the combi the water a bit mucky. refilled with clean water, working ok now. i'll probably flush all the system out. thanks again.

Use X800 for four hours with heating running at minimum temperature.

Then wash out and add X100.

It would be a good idea to remove LP switch and clear the dirt in the inlet AND the drilling which supplies it while the system is drained.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back