Ariston boiler not working due to low system water level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!

My Ariston combi boiler has stopped working since yesterday. A red light is on, on a LED which represents insufficient water circulation. Yesterday! when I noticed that the bottom of one of the radiators was not warming up, i used the key to release the air, while doing that a stream of water came out of the radiator..not sure if that caused this situation with the boiler.
I have tried turning the boiler on/off quite a few times. The pressure gauge is at 0 level and doesn't change at all. I tried pressing the reset button, no joy. I am really worried as calling out an engineer will cost a fortune. Is there anything that I can do myself to refill the water to increase the pressure. Boiler is no more than 3 years old.
Your help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Ana

Sponsored Links
Increase the presure in the system to just over 1 bar, use the filling loop.

PS, when air is in a rad its the top that wont heat, think about it.

Increase the presure in the system to just over 1 bar, use the filling loop.

PS, when air is in a rad its the top that wont heat, think about it.

Thank you so much for the prompt response..
I was trying to increase the pressure but I am new to this boiler as I've recently moved into this house and not sure how to increase the pressure. when you say use the filling loop, what does that mean (so sorry for being dummy)

The pressure gauge reader is covered by a plastic cover, do I have to take it out to manually use my finger to move the bar?

thank u so much
ana

Is there a silver braided pipe connected to the pipes coming from bottom of the boiler. :?:

Sponsored Links
Is there a silver braided pipe connected to the pipes coming from bottom of the boiler. :?:

Everything is covered on the boiler, the only thing that i can see is there is a pipe going to the boiler (i think) from the bottom of the sink cupboard where there is a loop.
I'll post the pics now.

thanks again
ana

Which one is it on here,

http://www.ariston.co.uk/products-overview.php?t=0&id=0000000001.

The pipe your looking for will look simular to this.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=250754#250754[/QUOTE]

From the Arison's website none of them exactly match the one that i've got but I have created an album in my profile so you should be able to see all the pics. let me know when u've been able to find the pics in my profile. I have also taken a snap of the pipes i could see.
many thanks , you r really helpful. let me know if i can help u with any computer problems as I am a computer engineer/technician

ana

Can you pull the white boxing forward from below the boiler Ana.

Also could you upload a photo from beneath the boiler, I need to see the pipes entering, you may have an integral loop.

Also could you upload a photo from beneath the boiler, I need to see the pipes entering, you may have an integral loop.

ofcourse, I'll do it now and take more pictures.

ana

ofcourse, I'll do it now and take more pictures.. I will also be online on ************** if you would like to add me.

:eek:)

ana

just opened the white covering and took a picture that shows a silver braided pipe that is in U shape, however i can't see any of its end. Is there anything i can try right now.

ofcourse, I'll do it now and take more pictures.. I will also be online on *********** if you would like to add me.

ana

just opened the white covering and took a picture that shows a silver braided pipe that is in U shape, however i can't see any of its end. Is there anything i can try right now.

Thats the filling loop, you need to get to the taps on the ends.:cool:

ofcourse, I'll do it now and take more pictures.. I will also be online on ******** if you would like to add me.

ana

Thats the filling loop, you need to get to the taps on the ends.:cool:

I just uploaded the pics from the bottom of the boiler, could u have a look at it please, its on the same album (my boiler) thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back