Ariston boiler not working due to low system water level

See the blue tap on the lefthand pipe, open this.

Second pipe from the right, cold pipe. open this part way and see the pressure guage rise. make it go just above one and close the taps.

Sorry second from the right is cold feed.

Sponsored Links
i cant see anything here to pressure the system, i have sometimes seen the filling loop in a cellar or under a boiler and sometimes behind a boxing under the boiler .. it could be anywere really..

just a case of finding it ..

readme here //www.diynot.com/wiki/plumbing:filling_loop

picture here. http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/TOPPING_UP_A_COMBI_BOILER.htm[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I just saw that video about pressurising the system and is quite useful, I'll have a look if i can see the same in my system, however not sure if its safe for me to try myself.

ana

[quote however not sure if its safe for me to try myself.

ana[/quote]

Its safe for you to do, I would not tell you how if it was dangerous to you or anyone else.

Trust us most of us on here are very proffessional and would not cuase malisious harm to any boiler. or owner for that matter.

;)

See the blue tap on the lefthand pipe, open this.

Second pipe from the right, cold pipe. open this part way and see the pressure guage rise. make it go just above one and close the taps.

Sorry second from the right is cold feed.

Just tried that and nothing has happened. I opened both of them in anti-clockwise direction just few screws below to loosen. Not sure if i m supposed to loosen it until i hear the sound of water flowing or anything coz at the moment it hasn't changed the pressure

Sponsored Links
[quote however not sure if its safe for me to try myself.

ana

Its safe for you to do, I would not tell you how if it was dangerous to you or anyone else.

Trust us most of us on here are very proffessional and would not cuase malisious harm to any boiler. or owner for that matter.

;)[/quote]

thank u, now I definitely trust u guys.

Now, it made some whistling noise and heard some water flowing sound as well and the pressure is gradually increasing from zero....
:D

No, just the taps, no need to loosen screws.

Ok, can't really see from photo but it may be one of the taps is already open. retry in differing positions with the taps.
They are the filling loop taps.

;)

No, just the taps, no need to loosen screws.

Ok, can't really see from photo but it may be one of the taps is already open. retry in differing positions with the taps.
They are the filling loop taps.

;)

sorry! i meant to say the taps (taps tht loosens on its screw when open or closed). yeah! the pressure is at 1 level now :D , what shall i do next?

you r a genius!! my boiler is finally working :D

I don't know how to say thank you to you...But thanks a million.

Your help is much appreciated. I would really love to help you, please let me know.

Ana

oops!! sorry...I'll take a note of that about replying to a post.

n one more thing! I closed the taps after it reached 1 in pressure bar, is that wht i'm supposed to do.

and also when I turned the radiators, the pressure is rising, its almost reaching 1.5

thanks

Congratulations :D :D :D :D

Your thanks is more than enough ;)

Have a read hear about bleeding air from your radiators :arrow: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37170

The cold spot on your rad could be due to sludge in the system, though I would hazard a gues its due to the balancing, maybe a rad valve has been adjusted inadvertantly.

As for help, I need all the help I can muster, Trust me, LOL :LOL: :LOL:

;)

oops!! sorry...I'll take a note of that about replying to a post.

n one more thing! I closed the taps after it reached 1 in pressure bar, is that wht i'm supposed to do.

and also when I turned the radiators, the pressure is rising, its almost reaching 1.5

thanks

Thats normal ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back