Ariston Combi - No heating, but hot water is fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ariston Microgenuis 28 HE combi boiler and its around 18 months/2 years old.

It has been on since the summer a few times and all was fine.

But this evening, the central heating has stopped working. I have a drayton programmeable timer and its calling for the heating which is being received but it is not firing the heating on.

The hot water works fine and the pressure is at 1 bar.

Anyone got any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks

Martin

Sponsored Links
These boilers come with a built in timer. Is that turn on?

Is the CH dial turned up?

Does the CH demand light on boiler illuminate?

When you say "recived" i assume you have a wireless stat? Do you hear the reciver click when the green (receive) light comes on?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the timer is on and yes the CH dial is turned up. None of that has been touched for a long time. It was working fine this week, but stopped working today.

The CH light does not illuminate nor the heating/boiler show any sign of coming on.

Yes I have a wireless stat and the green light comes on and the red light flashes when you turn the temperature up showing it is receiving the command but then the red light goes out and the green light stays on but nothing happens to the boiler!

On the room stat the flame icon stays on.

the green light comes on and the red light flashes when you turn the temperature up showing it is receiving the command but then the red light goes out and the green light stays on but nothing happens to the boiler!

You havent answered my other question. Do you hear the receiver CLICK as the green light illuminates?

This is the relay activating. If it doesn't click its not really turning on properly.

Sponsored Links
Oh my god it has just started working!

I fiddled about by putting the temp up and down to try and hear it click and first two times it didn't click, but tried a 3rd time and it clicked and the boiler has fired up and the heating is on!

Now, I am hoping this has fixed it for good, but if it does this again, what problems would this indicate?

Thanks for your replies Rob.

Martin

The reciever is faulty. It detects the signal but internally isn't making the switch.

Wireless stats are extremly unreliable.

Rob

Ok thanks. I'll monitor it over the next few days and see what happens.

I must say the help on this forum is fantastic and so quick!

Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back