Ariston Electrastream Electric Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.

Does anybody have any experience with Ariston Electrastream electric boilers?

Mine isnt working properly. If i turn it on it starts overflowing hot water after 10 minutes of it being on. Means I can only just get a shower out of it, I cant have a bath or my heating on!!

When i first moved in it hadnt been used for 3 years and I turned the hot water and left it on 24/7 - for the first week/week and a half it overflowed (i didnt realise!!) and then righted itself.

I then realised if i left it on 24/7 it was costing me a FORTUNE and started only turning it on for half an hour a day which meant I could bathe/shower - and if i needed heating I'd just turn it on for how ever long I needed it.

I will get a plumber to come and have a look at it if needs be but I'm hoping it might be something simple.

Any ideas are helpful

thanks!

Sponsored Links
It is actually a "GAH" Electrastream
Arisotn just supply GAH with Cylinders,

It sounds like the Hot Water Expansion vessel has lost it's air charge

as this is essentially an Unvented hot water cylinder with indirect coill feeding Radiators, it should be serviced annualy by a G3 registered person

Parts for Electrastreams are very expensive as far as running cost goes
it has a 9 Kw Immersion heater which steps up & down in 3Kw stages,
(I'm off to fix one in the morning!!)

Electrastream Agent. ;)

see how little I know?!

brilliant! thanks ever so much for your reply! I actually hate the system its rubbish!

I will definitely look for a G3 registered person!

Now need a plumber in my area - hoping its 'only' the expansion vessel and it shouldnt be too much to repair...but we'll see!!

thanks very much :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back