Ariston Euro Combi boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ariston EuroCombi boiler and the water should be fed into it until the needle in the gauge is in the Blue section. This used to be an easy operation but now, when I open the filling valves, no water flows into the boiler. The water pressure from the mains just forces off the plastic filling tube. What can I do to overcome this problem?

Sponsored Links
It does seem as though the Non return valve part of your filling loop is stuck in the closed position.

Another possibility is that the water has gone in and is right up to full pressure but because of dirt in your system the pressure guage sensing tube is blocked and it is not giving a reading.

I have never seen your particular model of boiler but if there is a low water pressure switch then this too can get blocked. If it does the boiler simply wont work.

Thanks for your reply.

It is quite possible that the non-return valve has stuck in the closed position.

Are you able to advise me on how I can cure this problem? Can the value be freed or mended or might it require a replacement non-return valve?

Sponsored Links
Best to replace it.
Filling loops cost less than a tenner usually.
The system still is under a bit of pressure so you will need to drain it off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back