Ariston Eurocombi A23 mffi - Where do I go from here ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI everyone,

Just your thoughts on this

I have a ariston eurocombi boiler a/23mffi?. I posted on here not long ago there was a problem with the hot water (central heating fine.) Basically when I run the hot water tap the water starts to heat up luke warm and then drifts between coldish and warm. I have a contract with Britsh gas and they have been trying to sort the problem out.

Unluckily for me the fault didn't occur when engineer 1 turned up and he was quite happy to leave giving me advice that the boiler was old and probably time for a new one. When Engineer 2 turned up (fault didn't happen for him either )he appeared to beat hell out of a rectangular tin which I believe is a sec heat exchanger ?? and also cleaned a lever mechanism which pops out of the diverter valve and strikes a micro switch ( that didn't cure problem either)

I turned to this site for advice next and was kindly advised it could be the diverter valve. Well engineer 3 turned up today after I spoke with the area manager and vented my frustration ( I get the impression I'm becomming a pain in the Ar** customer) Well the fault occurred for engineer 3 Yippeee!!. I also mentioned to him about the diverter valve being faulty to which he replied "No it looks like its already been replaced at sometime...not that "

After further investigation he noticed that when the fault occurs the burners ( although they come on...don't fully come on ?)..... explaining the lack of hotwater. He suggested that there was dirt/sludge trapped somehere inside the boiler causing the fault. He then contacted another british gas engineer who came around for a nosey and to give a second opinion. After much brain storming between the two of them I have been advised the fault maybe electronic or sludge in the system.

Apparently by turning the knob backwards and forwards between "radiators / hot water" and "Hot water only" the burners suddenly decide to come on full giving hotwater suggesting an electronic fault. The electronic boards have been ordered and will be fitted tomorrow. If it doesn't work I have been given a choice of either a 500 quid flush to see if that cures the problem or cough up for a new boiler.

What do you think guys ? Its obviously close to Xmas and a new boiler is a lot of money. If the electronic boards don't work should I just give up ? or is it worth me trying another route otherthan British gas ?

What would you do ?

Sponsored Links
I am working on a a23 jsut now complete pain in the arse boiler most ariston helpline dont help me out that great, but i would change boiler i hate that boiler. It's so frickin PLASTIC!

If the electronic boards don't work should I just give up ? or is it worth me trying another route otherthan British gas ?

why? they have entered a contract with you, to cover repairs to your boiler until parts are no longer available.

parts are readilly availlable.

there get out clause is a powerflush being reqd

ask to speak to their TSM, ask for written guarantee, that after powerflush,and with no further fitting of any parts, that the boiler will work. if after powerflush boiler does not work, you will want a full refund for the powerflush that was not the cause of the fault ;)

well it cant be electrical and water related, three sections mechanical electrical or water its one of them.

That is them giving a fail safe plan so that if powerflush doesnt work they'll say oh but we advised you it may be electrical too :).

Sponsored Links
i have had similar issues and got ariston engineers out ,the boiler is being replaced on monday , a mind of its own this one :rolleyes:

Ariston are a crap boiler and a crap company to deal with my advice -get rid of it new boiler time!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back