Ariston Eurocombi boiler, no hot water help needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello form,

I am having bother with my Ariston Eurocombi boiler SM 20mffice, 15 years old approx.
No Hot water when you run the hot tap, checked common faults and this seems to be the Diverter valve diaphragm which is not operating correctly.
I have checked the valve and you can see it reluctantly trying to operate the microswitches above the Valve but only if the hot tap are ran full.
Boiler does fire but because there is a high cold flow through no hot water achieved.
looks like I need a valve diaphragm repair kit or a new complete diverter Valve assembly complete ( Sounds expensive and looks like a pain to replace).
Can anyone assit where tio get the correct parts, can't seem to source my boiler type.
Even the equivilent part or part number would be ideal

And any other assistance with the job in hand, easy or hard or a how to do instruction much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If this is the one with the diverter at back rear then its a paid to replace or repair. Even only really possible if space to the right.

Because of the age if I were to repair then often the manifold section is leaking. Because of that I always replace them. I have replaced the diaphragm in situ but you need good tools for that.

However, the boiler is old, questionably reliable and a better solution would be to replace with a nice condensing model.

Tony

Plenty of room at the right hand side to get in, no access issues.

I assume you need a mixture of open spanners small nad large .

Boiler allthough old is suprisingly in good condition and worked perfectly well until this happened, so think I shall source a complete Valve and Microswitch assembly to make job a bit easier.

Managed to find the original manual provided by the installers all that time ago the Boiler model SM and SX must be the same as the manual is an sx model but is exactly the same as the boiler.mmmmmm.

Manual provided the Ariston and GC number which made it easier to source the Valve.
Ariston part 560166 GC no 379821.

Just need a how to guide, do I have to drain the complete heating system also.

And is there a procedure to refill to elimate airlocks etc.

Any assistance and guidance appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If anyone still has one of these dinosaurs, as i have then you may still be fighting the same problem. Its well worth the od £5 to replace the diaphragm, if you can stand the rather awkward valve removal. I have done it twice now, 1st to replace the diaphragm, 2nd to get to the heat exchanger. All i used was an 10inch adjustable and a set of pipe grips. The 'special tool' needed to do it in situ is no doubt a stubby PHILIPS screw driver, NOT a POZI. To remove you start by loosening all the nuts a little. At this stage get something under the boiler for spillage, having ofcourse turned off all valves on all pipes. I found it easier to remove more than just the 5 nuts attached to the valve body. Where you cant get the spanner on a nut, use the grips. Then ease the nuts off with your fingers. Replacement is the reverse.
Its worth taking the valve off to de-coke and clean it. At this point, it might be the time to bung the boiler, i really really want to smash mine flat with a sledgie, but its a dam recession and i have to live with at least one more year :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back