Ariston Eurocombi MMFi 23 fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an Ariston Eurocombi MFFI 23 and the fan is making a noise (sounds like drilling concrete in the distance due to catching) and I was wondering how hard it is to change + will I need a new fan inlet gasket while changing the fan.

The boiler is approx 16 years old and up to now I have changed the secondary heat exchanger, diverter valve, pump motor and diverter valve diaphram over the years and have to say the boiler up to now has served me well and found it very easy to diagnose and fix when necessary.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ring a professional and ask them ......."how hard it is to change + will I need a new fan inlet gasket while changing the fan.".

Surely its easier just to ask in here. Isn't that what this forum is for?

Why do you have to be so nasty?
I asked a question that's all. If it is wrong I apologize and feel free to point me in the right direction about my mistake maybe by educating me about the relevant part in the forum rules but I take offense at your reply.

In what way have I justified an answer like that.

First couple of lines from the forum rules:

1) This is a friendly site and we ask that everyone is treated with respect! :D
1a) Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome
on this site and are always removed!

Which begs the question....Have you read the forum rules.

Last edited:
Thanks sbgasman.

Not being a gas engineer I wasn't aware that changing the fan came under "gas work". Had no idea it was part of the combustion chamber.
Thank you for pointing that out.
That's why I wanted to ask on these forums so qualified people like yourself can educate me on safe practices. (If I hadn't of asked the question I wouldn't have found the answer)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back