Ariston Genus 30 MFFI, no hot water or heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Im a RGI - Im looking for advice from other RGI's.

I was today called out to a Ariston Genus 30 MFFI. I have experience of the microgenus range but not these ones, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the fault listed below.

No hot water or heating - pump running, fan running, air pressure switch activated, does not spark and does not go to lock out. There is a box attached to the gas valve with two wires coming from it upto the ignition electrodes so im guessing its some sort of spark generator. There are four wires going into the generator, red, brown, blue and green. Im not really getting any real voltage on these wires although im not really sure what the red wire is for.

Im thinking its a possible PCB fault. Any help would be very much appreciated. Out of interest - im not exactly sure how old this boiler is, im guessing 13 years isn - how many of you would actually even try fixing it?

Thanks, in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back