Ariston megaflow - no HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I turned the mains off, opened the kitchen tap, put a new shower valve on. Put mains back on all seemed fine now today there is no hot water on the taps, only lukewarm but the bath HW is hot! Any suggestions welcomed.

New development: there is a bit of HW when taps are first opened then it's back to cold..airlock?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your going to have to be a bit more accurate, no hot water anywhere or hot water at the bath, boiler switched on for heating and hot water ect

Sponsored Links
Your going to have to be a bit more accurate, no hot water anywhere or hot water at the bath, boiler switched on for heating and hot water ect
Sorry, ok so always HW on bath. Hot water on constant. And now when you run the basin taps etc initially a bit of HW then lukewarm...

Then i reckon you have a problem with the check valves on your new shower valve, can you isolate the shower to see if it makes a difference?

Then i reckon you have a problem with the check valves on your new shower valve, can you isolate the shower to see if it makes a difference?
But surely that would only affect that shower would it not?

If the hot check valve is stuck open cold water passes into the hot supply making it lukewarm at some taps.

Picasso,

I think you've just solved it...I stupidly didn't realise how much check valves would affect whole system..the other shower (old one) was knackered so I drilled out the check valves..good flow but maybe I'm the cause?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back