biasi 24s no hw

Nothing wrong with B&Q since the manager called Kevin left Cricklewood !

Their stock rotation is dire and so they may have the rather better engineered original ( pre Mk II ) M96s still on sale which are one of the most reliable boilers in the UK and still sold at a very economic price.

Screwfix also used to have older dated Biasi boilers in stock but you have to ask a few favours to see what you will get before you buy!

Tony

Sponsored Links
See i would agree with you but why would the pcb allow constant HW on a restricted flow?
Im not saying im right i just dont get that part![/quote]

I think the pcb is not telling the gas valve to ramp up to high gas rate , on a restricted flow of water the gas pressure present is heating the water , but as you say all sorts of 2nd hand parts have been used , I am with you in so far as I am not dissagreeing with you ., & checking through my records that I used to keep on faults I have not come across this fault with my diagnosis before , perhaps the O.P will tell us , in due course ?

See i would agree with you but why would the pcb allow constant HW on a restricted flow?
Im not saying im right i just dont get that part!

I think the pcb is not telling the gas valve to ramp up to high gas rate , on a restricted flow of water the gas pressure present is heating the water , but as you say all sorts of 2nd hand parts have been used , I am with you in so far as I am not dissagreeing with you ., & checking through my records that I used to keep on faults I have not come across this fault with my diagnosis before , perhaps the O.P will tell us , in due course ?[/quote]

I hope he does.
And either way one of us will have learned a Biasi Boiler fault.
Agile seems to be thinking down the Gas Rate route as well which is gonna send me to my next question to the OP.

OP where is your Gas Meter?

could be gas rate , but it would have to be severly restricted , incidentally the instuction manual that used to come with the early Prisma models ,the 24s is the same model different name , used to quote a working gas pressure as min' 15 mbars at the inlet , surely the original rgi would have checked gas pressures & rates ect , but than again ?? any way I'm off now , see u later .

Sponsored Links
Remember, I did NOT advise you to have the plate HE changed!

If thast was at fault the temperature on the gauge would be HIGHER than the normal 55-60° if the plate was blocked.

Tony

Hi temp is normal at 55-60 degs as you asked previously.. So what do you suggest then?

Thanks

Agile

If you could please advise exactly what info you need i will get the info for you?

Many Thanks

The temp gauge is not reaching temp it sits at 30 gegs with hw tap on.. Will have the plumber look into the pcb board.

Thanks

Our only contact with your boilers operation is what YOU have told us!

So far I have based my comments on that statement you made at first.

Now you tell me its at 55-60° which is the normal setting when delivering DHW.

Unlike some others here, I dont speculate as thats a waste of my time.

I base anything I say just on what YOU have told me.

Now I have the situation that you have told me conflicting information! I cannot diagnose remote faults without exact and complete information.

You are my eyes and ears!

I think I need another glass of vermouth !

Tony

The temp gauge is not reaching temp it sits at 30 gegs with hw tap on.. Will have the plumber look into the pcb board.

Thanks

Our only contact with your boilers operation is what YOU have told us!

So far I have based my comments on that statement you made at first.

Now you tell me its at 55-60° which is the normal setting when delivering DHW.

Unlike some others here, I dont speculate as thats a waste of my time.

I base anything I say just on what YOU have told me.

Now I have the situation that you have told me conflicting information! I cannot diagnose remote faults without exact and complete information.

You are my eyes and ears!

Tony

I appreciate what your saying agile but i am a mere novice.

The temp as stated does reach 55 60 degs but only when the tap is opened a little bit, as soon as the tap is open fully the water goes cold and temp starts going down.

apologies if i'm seeming clueless.

Thanks

OK, so that now becomes understandable to me and indicates a lack of sufficient power input to the boiler.

I think that I will have asked you to measure the gas flow at the meter ( gas rate - see FAQ ).

Can you do that and advise me?

Tony

OK, so that now becomes understandable to me and indicates a lack of sufficient power input to the boiler.

I think that I will have asked you to measure the gas flow at the meter ( gas rate - see FAQ ).

Can you do that and advise me?

Tony

do you need the standing pressure from meter and/or working pressure whilst boiler is running?

(hope i said that right)

Thanks

Those are gas engineers measurements. I cannot ask you for them.

I just want details which YOU can give me safely just by looking at the dials!

Tony

With or without a Cherry? ;)

Tony

Those are the dials on the gas meter!

I have been finishing the SA red wine before moving on to the vermouth. Now for the lovely sweet relief of the vermouth.

Tony

Those are gas engineers measurements. I cannot ask you for them.

Tony

Sorry mate call me thick if you wish but if you could let me know in lamen terms exactly what info can i get for you?

I dont call you thick because its not your field. I can call your plumber thick though because he is expected to know better.

Look at the FAQ on this web site then find "Gas Rate".

That explains how to calculate the power input to a gas appliance by measuring the movement of the gas meter.

You dont need to do any calculations. Just give us the figures and we can do the calcs. There are two different types of meter, an imperial in cu ft and a metric in cubic metres.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back