biasi 24s no hw

If it was working properly it would heat about 8 litres per minute to hot hand temperature at a TAP.

In that condition the temp gauge would be at about 60° C and the 1 cu ft test dial on an imperial gas meter would take about 38 seconds per rev.

You do really seem to have a nupty plumber with very little idea of how to repair boilers. Most boiler repairs are boringly simple.

Tony

I don't know what to do mate but as i stated earlier with the main stop cock turned down does work alot better and temp does rise to 60 degs but tap not open fully thought.

Wish you was local to have a look at it for us.

Thanks

What is your pressure gauge reading?

reading is 1.5

Sponsored Links
You should be able to measure the hot water flow rate.

Time in seconds to fill a container of known size in litres !

I live within possible travelling distance of about 20% of the population of the UK! But not Lancs!

Tony

Sponsored Links
If you crack the tap just enough to fire the boiler do you get constant hot water?
Probably too hot.

Yes

Its the plate heat exchanger mate.
Have a new one fitted and never trust someone who is willing to fit you seconds.

99% of the time there is a reason they are seconds OR a reason they cant get you new without cash upfront.

OP, do the radiators heat up when you run a hot tap?

Another thing you could do is run bath hot tap and time a complete revolution of the hand on a U6 gas meter or difference in readings over 2 minutes on E6 meter. Post the readings. That will help

Get a bucket and collect water flow for 15 seconds (be precise). Indicate this in your answer

If you crack the tap just enough to fire the boiler do you get constant hot water?
Probably too hot.

Yes

Its the plate heat exchanger mate.
Have a new one fitted and never trust someone who is willing to fit you seconds.

99% of the time there is a reason they are seconds OR a reason they cant get you new without cash upfront.

thanks for the info mate will have a new one fitted and advise.

Many thanks to you and agile much appreciated.

OP, do the radiators heat up when you run a hot tap?

Another thing you could do is run bath hot tap and time a complete revolution of the hand on a U6 gas meter or difference in readings over 2 minutes on E6 meter. Post the readings. That will help

Get a bucket and collect water flow for 15 seconds (be precise). Indicate this in your answer

Rads don't heat up when hot tap running.. will try the method you advised by the Gas safe engineer as i don't want to medle with gas.

Thanks

Remember, I did NOT advise you to have the plate HE changed!

If thast was at fault the temperature on the gauge would be HIGHER than the normal 55-60° if the plate was blocked.

Tony

Remember, I did NOT advise you to have the plate HE changed!

If thast was at fault the temperature on the gauge would be HIGHER than the normal 55-60° if the plate was blocked.

Tony

Even with a restricted flow?
I tend to find that this would be a normal blocked HE circumstanse.
Not argueing with you and you will find many a post where i state that you are far more knowledgeable than me but what would you then go for if as follows.

1. Pressure is right
2. Switch contacting
3. On full demand no hot water
4. On restricted flow constant hot and prob too hot (As OP stated)

for my diagnostics

1. Pressure is right = Vessle fine
2. Switch contacting = Switch and Diaphram fine
3. On full demand no hot water = Water by passing HE
4. On restricted flow constant hot and prob too hot (As OP stated) = slower flow meaning water heating

We have virtually no technical information at all on the operating perameters of this boiler xcept that the temp gauge shows about 30°C andf the DHW is not hot.

There may well be gas setting problems.

In spite of requests for DHW flow rates and gas rates we have been given no useful information so I dont know at this stage whats wrong. But I can be sure its not a badly blocked plate otherwise the gauge temp would be higher than the normal operating point.

As he has a nupty engineer we may never know!

His solution would be to call Biasi on 0121 506 1340 and ask for details of their local service agent.

Tony

He has already had his plate exc' changed , from what i have seen of the original post , I still think its the control board but than again ??????

I forgot that , but I will stick to my control board diagnosis , I've had what might be called a biasi day , 2 breakdowns , 28s gas valve , parva stuck h.w flow switch & I have renaged on a promise to myself & installed another Biasi boiler (combi) dont tell agile,got it from B&Q , they still have some of the stainless steel recouperator models ,

He has already had his plate exc' changed , from what i have seen of the original post , I still think its the control board but than again ??????

Would agree but his Numpty fitted second hand one!

See i would agree with you but why would the pcb allow constant HW on a restricted flow?
Im not saying im right i just dont get that part!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back