biasi 24s no hw

I dont call you thick because its not your field. I can call your plumber thick though because he is expected to know better.

Look at the FAQ on this web site then find "Gas Rate".

That explains how to calculate the power input to a gas appliance by measuring the movement of the gas meter.

You dont need to do any calculations. Just give us the figures and we can do the calcs. There are two different types of meter, an imperial in cu ft and a metric in cubic metres.

Tony

Could you please advise how to calculate? as i have gone on faq and can't seem to find the gas rate and how to calculate.

Apologies i know i am being a pain in the backside.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
smokenfly, I asked you for this information on page of this discussion

OP, do the radiators heat up when you run a hot tap?

Another thing you could do is run bath hot tap and time a complete revolution of the hand on a U6 gas meter or difference in readings over 2 minutes on E6 meter. Post the readings. That will help

Get a bucket and collect water flow for 15 seconds (be precise). Indicate this in your answer

smokenfly, I asked you for this information on page of this discussion

OP, do the radiators heat up when you run a hot tap?

Another thing you could do is run bath hot tap and time a complete revolution of the hand on a U6 gas meter or difference in readings over 2 minutes on E6 meter. Post the readings. That will help

Get a bucket and collect water flow for 15 seconds (be precise). Indicate this in your answer

apologies mae will do today and post results.

thankd

My guestemate ?? based upon the 30 deg C temp on boiler & assumed flow rarte is that the O.P has an input on H.W of 5 k. W 's , gas rate approx half a cubic metre ?????? per hour ??????

Sponsored Links
Hi Again

Heres your problem on this situation as follows.

People have either not read or missenterprited your posts and are now either unwilling or unable to back down.

Your problem is 1 of two things

1. Your expansion vessel needs charging
2. Your plate Heat Exchanger needs replacing

Sometimes we miss the basics for looking for something that is not there.

If im wrong i am really sorry but i doint believe i am

Until the most basic tests like the gas rate have been done I dont see how anyone can come to any conclusion as to the cause of the problem.

Where does any evidence of a problem with the EXV appear?

Nor do I see any evidence of any problem with the plate HE either.

Tony

were's the O.P , have you had your boiler repaired ??? I have got money riding on this !! one of the blokes I work with has bet me £10 , that the fault is as nogoodatfaultfinding states , plate exc' !!!! will you get your boiler fixed Please !!

Had exactly the same fault on one of these recently although is was more intermittent....it was the pcb.

Every boiler fault is individual to the boiler. Its not possible to diagnose faults by guessing or saying you have seen blocked heat exchangers before.

The only way to diagnose faults is the start with the same basic tests every time and as the tests are proceeded with the cause of the fault will manifest itself.

In cases like this one a simple thermal survey will quickly point an engineer in the right direction. Unfortunately contact thermometers are not available to many DIYers.

I am still waiting for the OP to give us some information from the gas meter, until then I keep an open mind.

You should only place bets on unknowns like football results or horse races. Boiler faults are known, not yet admittedly but its the fault from last week that we are still waiting to find the outcome of.

I cleared three blocked plates last week.

Tony

im sure it was a biasi ,iwent to ,and after much head scratching,

i realised the control dials are anti clockwise for max heat. :oops:

was a new div valve fitted,or was it second hand or jist the diaphragm?The div valves have built in bypasses which could be stuck open,this would let the blr modulate down&not heat water,blocked plate usually makes blr shut off&on.

It was not a Biasi and at rthe moment I cannot think of any boiler that does that. Possibly a French boiler?

Thinking about Kestons, I went to a 170 today which is still working after NINE years. The main HE was replaced after only ONE year !

BG had represurised the EXV to 2 Bar !!!

Tony

It was not a Biasi and at rthe moment I cannot think of any boiler that does that. Possibly a French boiler?

Thinking about Kestons, I went to a 170 today which is still working after NINE years. The main HE was replaced after only ONE year !

BG had represurised the EXV to 2 Bar !!!

Although the boiler was on an external wall with nothing behind it, the installers had taken the flue/inlet up to the roof level !

Tony

One way or another it looks like the OP has had it fixed and cant be arsed after everyones help to tell us what it was.
Shame really as if i was wrong and others were right then at least id have learned something else.

Looks that way doe'snt it , any way I'm off , have a good day , see u later :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back